Meetings with ASU research students

I had the opportunity to present multiple times in front of a group of researchers. It was a different group every time. Every Friday, a group of Ph.D. students, undergraduates, and REU students get together in the conference room to present the advancements they have made on their projects. Also, I had the opportunity to witness an undergraduate student defending her thesis. I was amazed by her presentation and that process. It was a great opportunity to get an idea what to expect in that type of situation. It is very important to do these types of activities during this research experience. As REU students, we are just like any other student presenting, using the same format and same ideas as the Ph.D. students. By doing this type of activities, I am guaranteed to learn a lot.

One Comment
  1. That sounds fantastic Carlos. I kind of experience similar situation, since in Dr. Lou’s lab every researcher (all Undergrad, Master or PhD Students) must present their advancements. He offers comments, and constructive critiques. But as well as you, it is such a great opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.