This past week I have been focusing more on reading articles and taking notes for my project. The articles consist about agrochemicals,growth of lettuce and nítrate reduction to ammonia. After I finish  I discuss with Gabriel any ideas and ask questions about the article.

On Monday I helped Gabriel with educational outreach presentations. It was extremely fun being part of the whole process that is involved with teaching. The outreach program at ASU gives the opportunity to upcoming juniors and seniors to experience student life on campus. Gabriel, Andrei (a student who works in the lab with me) and I drew pictures to help students understand the water treatment process. We also prepared an activity where students mixed different concentrations of coagulant with Tempe Town lake water and saw the water transform. Although it was fun, it was also extremely draining. It has given me a new respect towards professors.

One Comment
  1. Good to see that the REU has not only exposed you to research, but also to how much (exhausting) fun teaching is!