Official First week in the lab

Here we go, the first week was a blast we spent a lot of time getting to know the lab and all of its resources. I asked a lot of question got myself familiar with a bunch of rice databases, googled a tons, asked my mentor question, then re-asked my mentor questions just to make sure I was understanding what was going on. He had me work on a baby introductory project to help me familiar with the research process I was instructed to grow MoSe2 pillars on a silicon wafer. And I saw him do it and I thought to myself this will be easy but boy was I wrong. In research I learned you have to be precise and careful. So moment of truth here he asked me to grow a sample by myself with how he instructed me to do it and i could not formulate any growth of pillars on the compound. I saw him do this a multitude of times and I was thinking why am i not getting this maybe I am just bad luck but this was not the case. I needed to be precise with air pressure I was putting into the furnace also I needed to put the selenium in the right spots. I finally got the hang of this a grew two of my own samples of Mose2.

On the left is the furnace              On the right is my two samples of MoSe2