Orientation at Rice

Hiya guys, so orientation at Rice was awesome. The only word I can think to say getting a small tour around the campus was neat. It really reminded me of Hogwarts, I almost definitely want to go here now. The best part was meeting people from my program that share the same interest and goals as I do. Im so glad rice is my home base I get to enjoy this beautiful view everyday. On to logistics I really enjoyed the team building exercises  and the water talks (NEWT discussions) I found myself agreeing with 99.1 % of what Jorge was discussing, this made me realize why I was chosen maybe like I was almost destined to be apart of the NEWT journey. My favorite memory was getting my lab coat, I remember thinking wow people are going to think and know I am a scientist.  My fellow interns peers were just like me in many aspects. One example in specif was when we watched Watermark their responses to Jorge’s questions were right on par with some of my answers. I was happy to feel like my ideas were universal, it was an unintentional way of acceptance. Although orientation was great, I must be honest I kept getting lost Rice is kind of hard to navigate once you at first but I’m destined to know my way around the campus. Thank God for those campus maps located throughout Rice, forever my best tool do far. I look forward to meeting up with all the NEWT interns again, can’t wait till they are back in town. As for the rice people I see them almost everyday we chat at lunch adn catch each other up on our projects and progress.