Week 2

He have been testing our CDI reactor many times. On Friday it did not show any leaks and it was showing conductivity as we wanted. It was decreasing till it went to zero meaning it was absorbing the ions of water successfully. I had some introduction to lab view and still trying to understand it better. I designed the CDI on 3D using Inventor Program for everybody to be able to have an idea of how it looks from all angles. It is not perfect yet, we are keeping testing the reactor to make sure everything id on point. The meeting on monday was great. Sharing ideas, experiences and comments regarding the first week as interns encouraged me to keep going with the hard work. Other interns seemed to be very happy with their projects and to have a good relationship with their mentors as I having it with mine. The food at Utep ok but not as good as Rice. Regardless of that I always enjoy eating well and passing a good time with the other two interns, Oscar and Edgar. At this point I am understanding a little bit more about the project and I feel more involved on it. I hope we can run the CDI perfectly by next week so we can look for minor details and start preparing my poster in two weeks.
Overall it was a good week where I learned a lot about chemistry. I should try to remember more stuff in a long term.