Week 2 – Beyond the Lab

While I am getting a lot of work in the lab, I have also found some time to enjoy my time outside of the lab and office. Summers at ASU/Greater Phoenix means a few things: heat, beautiful sunsets, and… squirrels?

Yes, we have our own squirrels here and, in honor of Dr. Loyo officially proclaiming the squirrel to be the official 2019 NEWT REU mascot, I present to you our very own ASU squirrel. (Apologies for the lack of greenery, as we must conserve our water)

With more sunlight hours in the day, I can also enjoy my incredible backyard. Outdoor activities are very popular here and we are spoiled with the amount of hiking and multi-purpose use trails we have inside the city.

South Mountain Park in Phoenix is the largest city park in the United States, and possibly the world. With plenty of trails and scenic lookouts you can drive up to, I recommend anyone visiting Phoenix to check it out. (I was also attacked by an owl here once)

One Comment
  1. Wow, what beautiful pictures. You make Phoenix look better then it actually does. You really are the squirrel whisperer. I have not seen one squirrel at ASU!