Week #2 at NEWT REU

Hello again, this is Jorge Alvidrez from UTEP NEWT REU. This week was just as busy as the last, with many more assignments than activities. During the weekend and the beginning of the week, I felt frustrated because the program we were sent out was not running on my laptop. After trying to troubleshoot by myself I asked Dr. Deemer, and we were working hard to figure out whatever the issue was.  Dr. Deemer was successful in running the program on her laptop therefore, I discovered the issue was my computer. I tried downloading everything on the PC I have at home which is Windows software, everything downloaded fine, which was a surprise since it was not doing that on my laptop and the code ran! Well almost at least.

On Monday, we had a meeting with our team at Rice University, to talk about updates on the social work projects and to address any other updates. We found out that no one was able to run the code, because we were missing a file. After the meeting, we spoke to Aaron at Caminos de Agua and he promptly sent us the last file, we were able to run the code!

Patricia and I rented out this laptop from the UTEP library because our laptops were not able to run the code. We got this one set up and running. We now have all the tools needed to start our experimentation with real water testing for arsenic levels using the potentiostat.

One Comment